Sarah's Reviews > I Think I Love You

I Think I Love You by Allison Pearson

1151973
Mar 25, 11

Read in March, 2011

OK, I'm a sucker (so far base upon a grand total of two) for Allison Pearson books. I simply enjoyed this read the whole way through.

Having succumbed heavily to fangirldom myself, I appreciated Pearson's ability to evoke that specific and short-lived period in a girl's life. She also throws in a good deal of teenaged girl dynamics <<>>

Her style of writing is both entertaining and moving. Worth the time to read it:

"The hard thing was, I loved talking about David (Cassidy), and everything connected to him, even in a silly way. Wednesday nights, I would take the long way round to orchestra practice just so I could walk past David's, the ironmongers, behind the bus station. Seeing his name written in big letters over the shop felt like a sign. I mean it *was* a sign... Just saying his name out loud was a thrill after hearing it a million times inside my own head. Talking about him to friends made him more real, but at the same time it meant I was sharing him, which hurt."

Hopefully, I'll have a good sense of humor about all this when my own girls start thrilling after whatever the in boy is when their time comes...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Think I Love You.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Jessie (new)

Jessie It is fun to think about who such a person might be - I mean, clearly the Biebs is going to be SO over by then.

Sarah There should be a teen heartthrob simulation app where one can select annoying hair, girlish features, and other parent-irritating characteristics!