Angie's Reviews > How They Croaked: The Awful Ends of the Awfully Famous

How They Croaked by Georgia Bragg

Mar 26, 11

bookshelves: nonfiction
Read on March 25, 2011

This book was awesome. It was irreverent and informative at the same time. I learned all kinds of things about the famous people discussed in the book. Like the fact that Charles Dickens was manic depressive and that James Garfield would have survived his gunshot wound if his doctors would have left him alone. There are fascinating facts about each of the people and they are in short little chapter so you are not overwhelmed with details. Bragg also adds little bits of information after each chapter that pertain to something discussed like facts on leaching or famous people buried at Westminster Abbey.

The format of the book is great; you can pick it up and read any of the chapters in any order. The text is written so that pretty much any age group from elementary on up can read and comprehend it. And I know that kids will really enjoy some of the gruesome facts about some of the famous people. This is just the type of book to catch their eye and hold their attention. Of course, I am not a kid and it did the same to me!

A great fun read for all ages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How They Croaked.