Kelly's Reviews > Voice Of The Blood

251943
Oct 15, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, read-in-2011, urban-fantasy
Read from May 02 to 09, 2011

There were things about this book I liked A LOT - namely the casual brutality of these vampires - and then there were things that I wasn't as enamoured of. For one thing, I never felt like Ariane liked herself. She threw away the man she loved at the first chance she got and fell for a man who denies a very fundamental part of himself. Although part of me can see how Ariane would be attracted to to Ricari, part of me wanted to sit her down and give her a stern talking to. Why would she love a man who hates himself?

Then there was Daniel. As the polar opposite of Ricari, I understand why she'd be drawn to him. His charisma and flamboyance were seductive after the way Ricari slunk through life. Yet, I never felt like Ariane and Daniel fit together. She was a scientist, he's a sociopathic killer who embraces a lifestyle of excess and the occasional depravity. On one hand, her moral compass appeared to crash and burn once she hooked up with Ricari so maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Darkly written with a fast-paced voice, Jemiah Jefferson has created a world peppered with sometimes brutal, sometimes uncaring, always sensual creatures. I didn't always understand the choices the characters made but I couldn't put the book down once I started it. As a word of warning, this book contains lots of blood and even more sex. Sometimes at the same time.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Voice Of The Blood.