Almeta's Reviews > Crewel World

Apr 02, 11

bookshelves: dying2read
Recommended to Almeta by: Cozy Mystery Group Read
Read from March 30 to April 02, 2011

Although I read the synopsis when choosing to read Crewel World, I didn't retain the information. So it was with some shock (view spoiler)[ when I learned that a character that I was getting to know and like was murdered. Surely the author meant the other sister! (hide spoiler)]

It is a CRIME to "waste" an artistically gifted crafter. Period!

The victim's character became even more endearing as the search was on for "who disliked her" enough to kill her. I did not however find myself very interested in the other players. Maybe in a first novel it is too soon to empathize. I'll bet the continuation of the series will develop them further.

I thought that the cause of the motive for murder was quite clever. (view spoiler)[ AND needle crafters totally understand the quest for the perfect color. (hide spoiler)]

An easy, entertaining read.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crewel World.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Almeta Although I read the synopsis when choosing to read this book, I didn't retain the information. So it was with some shock (view spoiler)

It is a CRIME to "waste" an artistically gifted crafter. Period!

I thought the cause of the motive for murder was quite clever. (view spoiler)

An easy, entertaining read.