Sailesh Ravindran's Reviews > I Too Had A Love Story..

I Too Had A Love Story.. by Ravinder Singh

Jan 05, 12

Read in March, 2011

Once again, some great reviews is what led me to reading this book. The book, they say, is a true love tale, written by Ravinder out of the despair of losing his girlfriend. But, the writing is irritatingly immature. Considering it a true account, this could have been excused if only it had been written with some confidence. He goes on repeating the phrase '...because i am madly in love with Khushi' over and over again, as if he thinks that a reader might actually not understand it. Another irritating thing that the writer does is to always quote Khushi as 'Khushi- the one i love'. Oh! Come on, aren't we reading the lovestory of Ravinder and Khushi.

I would also say that this guy has been bitten by the 'Chetan Bhagt bug' a little too severely. The writer has written the book with an eye on the Bollywood. The characters in the story are just too ideal and perfect that you can actually spot them in any Yash Raj Movie.

But yes, if you have enjoyed all those Yash Raj Movies, if you are looking for a light read, if you are travelling and have lot of time to spare but not money, and if you really don't care about what your co-passengers might assume about your reading habits, well, then this book is a very good option.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Too Had A Love Story...

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rishi (new)

Rishi Anand nice review :)

Sandeep I disagree this review. may be the reviewer never fell in love himself so can't judge the gravity of the love.

Siddarth K @sandeep - i agree with u , its a really good book .

Niharika Sharma i wish it was possible to dislike this review...some people behave like this just because they have read few books written by so call European and American writers, but they lack to understand history of Literature...with every new age traditional norms of writing has been broken by writers and same thing is happening in India. It is time that young writers such as Ravin should be accepted by us!

Rahul Sinha agree with sandeep... only a person who has ever been in love can understand the feelings that are conveyed by the book... the eternal love

Ganesh Kamaraj I disagree with the review. Those who felt the story will never give a review like this...

Rachita Gupta Simple language in a book doesn't mean it is immature. This is a lovely book that actuaaly brings tears to the eyes. So, please excuse.

Kiran More u r right sandeep

Aarti Gupta I agree with rachita..

Rachita Gupta Aarti wrote: "I agree with rachita.."

Rahul Sinha Rachita wrote: "Aarti wrote: "I agree with rachita.."
Thank You. I feel very strongly about this book as it kept me crying for a week, and I wont tolerate any silly nonsense about it."

same with me... was in the train while reading the climax.....found a couple of tears trickling doen ma otherwise moisture parched eyes.......

a touching story indeed

Pankaj Nath Well I agree with this Review. Reading the novel I was feeling like reading some story from the Kids section of the newspapers/magazines. Poorly written - very poorly. The author lacks the basic skills for writing (like one needs to know ride a bicycle before learning a motor bike).
Well, his story might be tragic - but I ain't paying money, wasting time for his "love TRUE story" - I need a quality novel (doesn't matter TRUE or Fiction).

Kanak Hey, liking or disliking some book does'nt decide if a person has never felt love. In fact this is just naive. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. And there are many Indian authors who have striking stories to tell and have done so in a quality language too. People should not dish other people's choices just because they didn't like what you like. And seriously if you absolutely 'love' this book and can find no fault in it, go around the library a few more times, pick up more types of books and then think again. I am sure you will get my point.

message 14: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha Rox only one thing i wana say.... i love dis book... n ravin:)

Garvit Goenka I agree with the review.
The writing is highly immature. A good novel has the abilty to create a whole new world with its language and the words...... This one had no such ability.

message 16: by Rekha (new)

Rekha Mishra i dnt agree with this stupid review....
simple language does nt means its immature....
nd hes not a author by profession but by chance so his writing style is simple...... he is just like us.... n i thnk we all shd respect him...

Sahana Reddy i agree with this review only because i found the grammar to be quite poor, it isnt simple language people, its "wrong usage" that the reviewer is referring to and he right about it. If you guys think we should appreciate the content and not the grammar and other stuff why not attempt this story in the local language? If one is to use a certain language as a medium for conveying their story, they need to use it the right way and not any way they please! I have nothing against ravin's love story but i hoped for better writing

message 18: by Manohar (new)

Manohar Shailesh is right. I agree with him. The writer has exaggerated the word 'love' like anything..
I dont understand why people these days like such a stupid unreal love stories..

Meghana That armature writer had no common sense to get the book edited. It had plenty of grammar mistakes.

message 20: by Shiny (new)

Shiny Elizabeth Well, its clear that the emotions he felt for the girl were pretty genuine...... But for people who've grown up on quality literate grim the western world, the writing style may seem a little dishonest.......it could have been fixed by a proper editor ..... That being said, its not immature......its just a boy trying to share his love sorry with the rest of the world...... Its best to remember that it takes a lot of courage to do something like that.....

Ganesh Kamaraj Shiny wrote: "Well, its clear that the emotions he felt for the girl were pretty genuine...... But for people who've grown up on quality literate grim the western world, the writing style may seem a little disho..."

Well Said Shiny..

message 22: by Jyoti (new) - added it

Jyoti Raturi dislike

message 23: by Dhaliwal (new)

Dhaliwal Sahb i don't know how can a person give a review like this.
this is more than just a novel.
it is a person's true story.
he has expressed his feelings in words rather than trying to write upto the standards of literature.giving such reviews they r hurting the author's emotions.
this is not like the yash raj films which lacks reality.
heartless people will keep on finding faults.
i think the publisher should have written on the cover
warning: not for emotionless people.

Pankaj Nath "this is more than just a novel."
This is very very less than a novel. Its like a diary.

"it is a person's true story."
And I thought this was an novel !!!

"he has expressed his feelings in words rather than trying to write upto the standards of literature."
So, you agree this is crap?

"giving such reviews they r hurting the author's emotions."
Publishing such books hurt my purse and wasted my precious time.

"heartless people will keep on finding faults."
Oh ho....damn. I am speechless (just like I am heartless :P)

"i think the publisher should have written on the cover
warning: not for emotionless people. "

I think the publisher should NOT have even publish this sh**.

message 25: by Rahul (new)

Rahul This is one of the best flicks by Ravinder Singh and also i love to read his books all the time. You can read it for free @ http://www.bookchums.com/ebooks.php

Anand Ch Poor people Lyk u will look for grammar and all in a love novel.... actually its the feel thts important :/ he succeeded in giving it :P

message 27: by Anchal (new)

Anchal Suhani I love to read Ravindra novel's .it dsnt matter how to write what words he used .matter is,his emotion.

Harishgoutham It doesn't mean tht someone expresses one's feeling in simple English he is immature or he is nt upto the mark or sumthing ...I too had a love story is just an Awesome book ...you hav to just sit and cherish each single moment ..a Voracious reader is nt bothered about comparing sumthing with sumthing ...in my personal opinion I give 5/5 fr Mr.Ravinder and his work ...it's just heart touching ..and emotional ...just go fr it ..those who have'nt u will surely find yourself in tears in sum point of time ...:)

Paridhi this review is completely true
and the way it has been written is too immature and it gets over board its nothing about feelinh the book because we havent been in love
this book doesnt honestly appeal to me

message 30: by Jia (new)

Jia how can people bash someone for their opinion? and honestly, this book isn't out of the world so it's normal for people to not like it.
and how can grammar not be important in a novel? how can you even read anything then? don't you get distracted by the wrong grammar and poor choice of words? since when is a novel only about a story?

Saumya Upadhyay three simple words.. this book sucks.
that being said, the book was a disaster. in every sense. "love" is overrated.

message 32: by Gunjan (new)

Gunjan Sharma i Hate u !