Shanna's Reviews > Dark Lover

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

Sep 06, 11

bookshelves: favorites, romance, best-covers, first-in-a-series, paranormal-romance, vampries, must-read
Recommended for: 18 + readers
Read from August 02 to September 06, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I really enjoyed this book. I often have trouble with the Romance genre, but I feel like this one really pulled out all the stops. I loved that there was action, adventure, comedy, love, romance, and crazy hot sex. There's a little bit of something for everybody, which makes this book fantastic and an overall quick read.

It was hard to get used to the random words, but if you read the glossary of terms at the begining it really helps. I didn't care for Mr. X's point of view throughout most of the book. I know it was necessary at times, but sometimes I felt like it was just thrown in there.

Besides that, I loved everything. Beth was just sassy and knew what she wanted. She didn't take any crap from anybody, which I loved. I hate when a story has a weak woman character, and she definitely was not weak in any way. I also love, love, loved Wrath. I enjoyed that he was a strong, forboding character, but really was gentle and caring deep down. The brothers were also just fabulous. I really felt for each and every one of them and am excited to read the next books in the series to see what happens to them all. Also, I loved that she kept Boo. I'm totally a cat person and it cracked me up that Phury took to the cat so well and wanted to keep him.

I highly recommend this to adult readers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Lover.

08/02/2011 page 20
5.0% "I'm not going to lie, I have a hard time with Romance, but I'm keeping an open mind. I'm sure once the story gets really going it will be great."
08/03/2011 page 60
15.0% "As I progress through the book I get more and more curious about what will happen.."
show 5 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer Yea it was really hard for me to get into at first but after 100 pages I was more taken with the story.

Shanna That's good to know :D Thanks!

Mayra I really enjoyed it and I just finished the 2nd one

Piper Vaughn Is this your first time reading the BDB series? I really like it! :D The 2nd and 3rd books are my faves.

Shanna Yes it is my first time with it. So far it's pretty exciting :D

Mayra i reaally liked the 2nd one too, hopefully ill be getting to the 3rd one soon :)

Lizabel Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror I loved this book...love Wrath!!! I hope you enjoy it!!

Shanna I am quite a bit, and I love Wrath as well :D