Ashley - Book Labyrinth's Reviews > 5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth and Other Useful Guides

5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth and Other... by Matthew Inman

Mar 24, 11

bookshelves: from-publisher, netgalley
Read on March 24, 2011

There is something both horribly wrong and hilariously amazing about The Oatmeal. I've been following the site off and on for a while now, so I was really glad to pick up this book and see some of my favourite comics included, as well as some new ones.

The humour is so off colour at times, and yet right on the nose most of the time. If you're incredibly restrained or easily offended you probably won't like the humour in this book (or on the site), but if you have a sarcastic and sly sense of humour you will definitely enjoy it.

A lot of the comics are about technology, and those are some of my favourites. Other favourite include the ones about grammar and, of course, the ones about cats. There are lots of cats. And to me? That's a good thing.

I enjoyed reading this one from Netgalley, though I'm sure it's even better in print, so you can see the details of the comics even better. When I first heard The Oatmeal was coming out with a book I was sure it would be a hilarious compilation, and I was definitely correct.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth and Other Useful Guides.