Veronica's Reviews > Love's Enduring Promise

Love's Enduring Promise by Janette Oke

Jan 02, 12

bookshelves: ya-and-up, history
Read in January, 2012

This book was wonderful, but I didn't feel the same intimate connection with the characters as I had with the first book. That is, until about the last 5 pages, then suddenly the tear-jerking emotion that I was searching for was finally manifested! I was a little disappointed with how skim-like this story was in comparison with Love Comes Softly. The time line lengthened RAPIDLY and the sheer number of characters made it nearly impossible to feel connected with any of them. So many were simply mentioned a few times and then left to the dust, leaving you wondering..."Wait, when were they born? When did that happen? Where did they go? Who was that? Who got married? They DIED?!"(speaking of a large # of characters of course) It wasn't until the very ending that I found the rich, multi-dimensional, texturized feel that I was expecting from having read the first book. Still, It was a very charming and fluffy. I very much liked it! One needs a good dose of fluff now and then(o:
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love's Enduring Promise.