Nema Al-Araby's Reviews > Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Jun 23, 12

bookshelves: to-re-read
Read in March, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fahrenheit 451.

Quotes Nema Liked

Ray Bradbury
“The books are to remind us what asses and fool we are. They're Caeser's praetorian guard, whispering as the parade roars down the avenue, "Remember, Caeser, thou art mortal." Most of us can't rush around, talking to everyone, know all the cities of the world, we haven't time, money or that many friends. The things you're looking for, Montag, are in the world, but the only way the average chap will ever see ninety-nine per cent of them is in a book. Don't ask for guarantees. And don't look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore.”

Ray Bradbury
“We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?”

Ray Bradbury
“If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you and you'll never learn.”

Ray Bradbury
“It was a pleasure to burn.”

Ray Bradbury
“A book is a loaded gun in the house next door...Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man?”

Ray Bradbury
“There must be something in books, something we can’t imagine, to make a woman stay in a burning house; there must be something there. You don’t stay for nothing.”

03/24/2011 page 117