Chrissy's Reviews > Dirty Sexy Politics

Dirty Sexy Politics by Meghan McCain

Mar 24, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: non-fiction

I saw Meghan McCain making the talk show rounds to promote Dirty Sexy Politics, and I was compelled to read it. I like Meghan, she speaks her mind and is a moderate republican. American politics could use more moderates on both sides of the aisle, so good for her. As far as this book goes, it is a breezy read that isn't all that insightful. It's interesting that Meghan got kicked off her father's campaign, while nobody seemed concerned about the unwed pregnant teenager...really, who is the bigger liability? The part when Laura Bush gives Cindy and Meghan a White House tour was fascinating (and a bit sad), and I appreciate Meghan's openness. That is one thing I'll say about this book, Ms. McCain is honest and unapologetic about her behavior. That said, the book loses steam after (MAJOR SPOILER ALERT) John McCain loses the election. To be honest, I don't remember much else. I read Dirty Sexy Politics shortly after it came out (in October, I think) and remember thinking it was pretty aight at the time, but now I am indifferent.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty Sexy Politics.