Itamar's Reviews > Hunger

Mar 24, 11

Recommended to Itamar by: The library's bookshelf
Recommended for: Young adults
Read from March 17 to 24, 2011, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Just as breathtaking and adventurous as the first one. It's just amazing, how much you can write about this topic.
The topic of the books -- life without adults, kids getting abnormal powers, and being trapped in an odd, weird world -- don't seem (relatively) hard topics. But once the plot develops (in both of the books, and most likely also in the next ones), it becomes very complicated and a bit hard to read. The way Drake just doesn't care about *ANYONE*, the way people are ready to kill one another for "justice" (Zil & the Human Crew), etcetera... that is just horrible. However, I can see how that can be compared to our real lives -- the Holocaust, terrorism, and more. That is just plain old crazy, horrible and weird. Frankly, I don't know how someone can write such hard novels (and for young adults). However, I finally, really do feel like I'm reading real literature, and not a stupid "novel" where the boy gets the gal, is the hero, and then there's a new plot development at the end of the book to make you get the next, etcetera... this is much more complicated than that, and that makes me feel like I am reading pretty good quality literature. Thanks, Michael Grant.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunger.