Deborah Andreasen's Reviews > Friendship on Fire

Friendship on Fire by Danielle Weiler

1924844
Apr 26, 11

Read in April, 2011

Daisy has a temper to match her (accidentally dyed) red hair. She also has a heart the size of Australia. She's a senior in high school, and it's cracking up to be the most adventurous year yet. She meets the handsome Nate, and his charming ways instantly appeal to her.

As she and Nate get closer and closer, Daisy's best friends - Roman and Rachel - move further and further away.

Daisy struggles to keep her head above water as she juggles exams, school captain responsibilities, failing friendships, the class bully, and finding out what love really means.

***

This was a fantastic read. Daisy's personality is easy going and entertaining. She is hilarious! I laughed out loud a few times, and thought her narration was perfect.

It was fun to decipher a bit of Australian culture and slang. I admit, though, I had to ask the author about certain things:)

I loved the moral of this story. My heart broke with Daisy's, and at times I felt like it was me who was picking up the pieces and putting it back together.

There was some swearing and sexual content, so this book is for mature readers. But I think every girl ought to read this book and decide for herself what it means to love and be loved.

Awesome.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Friendship on Fire.