Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Berrr's Vow

Berrr's Vow by Laurann Dohner

Mar 24, 11

Read in March, 2011

Whenever I want to read a steamy sci-fi story with sexy heroes and feisty heroines, I know I can turn to Laurann Dohner. Her stories never fail to keep me entertained from beginning to end. The latest installment of her Zorn Warriors series, Berrr’s Vow, is no different.

Berrr’s Vow has everything erotic romance fanatics crave. Aside from the obvious heat, there is also a lot of emotion and conflict. After the heroine, Shanna, is abducted from earth and taken to Zorn, she is uncertain of what awaits her.

Salvation comes in the form of Hyvin Berrr, the leader of Zorn. He’s as gorgeous as he is intimidating, as strong as he is gentle. After he ensures her safety, Shanna pleads with Berrr to keep her under his care. Berrr agrees to Shanna’s request, but there is a problem. Berrr is bound to another.

As I read Berrr’s Vow, I wondered how Shanna and Berrr would find happiness. They share an immediate connection, but they are not free to be together. Although their chemistry is undeniable and leads to a sexual relationship, the past continues to haunt Berrr. His vow to remain with a woman he doesn’t love means he will never be free to be with Shanna as he longs to -- as a lifelong partner who will share his home and have his children.

Shanna, on the other hand, isn’t as concerned about her status so long as she can remain with Berrr. She’ a street smart girl who knows how to defend herself, and she’s not willing to let anyone come between her and the man she’s started to love. Unfortunately, when Berrr’s significant other returns, Shanna has to confront the laws of Zorn. If she’s willing to make the ultimate sacrifice, she might be able to claim to the man who has stolen her heart. However, if she fails, she could lose more than Berrr -- she could lose her life.

Berrr’s Vow unfolds at a perfect pace, allowing the reader to care about Shanna and Berrr. Their banter is witty and comical, while their romps between the sheets positively sizzle. I absolutely love the world that Ms. Dohner has created. On Zorn, women are treated with the utmost respect and care. However, Zorn warriors are extremely dominant and possessive. Creating heroes you can love despite their tendencies to be possessive create a perfect balance for headstrong heroines.

Fans of sci-fi romance will love Berrr’s Vow. If you haven’t met the Zorn warriors yet, now is a perfect time to do so. I can’t wait to read future works by Ms. Dohner. She has become one of my favorite sci-fi erotic romance authors.

Originally posted at http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Berrr's Vow.