Trisha's Reviews > Friends of Choice

Friends of Choice by Linda  Nelson

Sep 08, 13

bookshelves: kindle-freebies, crazy-ya-challenge-6
Read on September 08, 2013

I appreciate this book as a cautionary to some of the things that can happen when you start to make questionable choices that you know, in your heart and gut, are wrong.
I also appreciated the info at the end about date rape drugs.

But the actual story....it just felt too much like a myth - some kind of story told to parents about how to make sure this never happens to your kids.

and there were so many confusing parts that were never addressed (like her mom's alcoholism or her the fact that they are so strange about lettering their 17 year old daughter out of their sight).

I just couldn't connect with the story, I felt the lingo and conversations were dated and painful to read and the plot was overly simplistic and frustrating.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Friends of Choice.

09/08/2013 marked as: currently-reading
09/08/2013 page 16
6.0% "If she makes any more derogatory "gay" remarks, I'm dropping this book...."
09/08/2013 page 16
09/08/2013
32.0% "She can't go to the mall because that's where all the kids go to shoplift?!?! She's 17. Seriously her parents won't let her out. She's almost an adult?!? Ugh this is a really bad book"
09/08/2013
49.0% "Why would her friend talk to a guy that tried to lock her in a house and attack her?! He should be in jail so he can't do it to anyone else!! And was he over 18 to have a place to himself and her parents approved if him?!?? This makes no sense...."
09/08/2013
57.0% "Good thing her mom is blaming her alcoholism on her daughter Ugh"
09/08/2013 marked as: read