Heather's Reviews > Farm Fresh Murder

Farm Fresh Murder by Paige Shelton

Apr 18, 11

Read from March 23 to 25, 2011

Title: Farm Fresh Murder (A Farmer's Market Mystery #1)
Author: Paige Shelton
Pages: 304
Publisher: Berkley
ISBN: 9780425233870

Synopsis (from bookcover): Becca Robins leads a simple life, making jams and preserves on her very own farm. But when there's a murder in her quaint little town, she goes from making jam to being in one . . .

Becca is late for her stall time at Bailey's Farmers' Market. By the time she arrives, the normally lush and lively market has turned into a crime scene, with a murdered peach vendor as the featured item of the day.

Cranky old Abner Justen sells wildflowers and is like a father to Becca. It seems he's also te number one suspect, seen arguing with the victim just days before. as Becca seeks the truth, she comes to realize that life in the friendly farmers' market is filled with bushels of secrets and deceit. To preserve her own life, she'll have to sniff out he murderer before he spoils the market for everyone.

My thoughts: A great debut in another great cozy series. The author introduces us to Becca Robins, another strong, absolultey no nonsense sleuth who sets forth to clear her friend's name, save her sister's reputation, and save the farmer's market she loves!

Set in a quaint, small community, the reader has a chance to really begin to know the characters in this town. Becca's twin sister, Allison, manages the local Bailey's Farmer's Market. Becca is the jam lady! She lives on and runs her own farm where she makes her homemade preserves and jams to sell at Bailey's.

I am hoping that many of the characters return in the second book and that the author gives us a better glimpse into the lives of Becca and Allison.

The second in the series . . . . Fruit of All Evil was released March 1, 2011! It's already on my list.

Happy reading!

My rating: :-) :-) :-) :-) Liked it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Farm Fresh Murder.