Andrea's Reviews > Lost Light

Lost Light by Michael Connelly

Apr 13, 11

bookshelves: michael-connelly
Read in March, 2011

I only vaguely remember this book so I am marking "to-read".

It isn't the book I thought it was, but very satisfactory. Harry Bosch is now retired. He has been contacted by a former policeman who was severely wounded in an armed robbery shoot-out at a restaurant where detectives Cross and Dorsey were eating lunch. Dorsey died at the scene and Cross was paralyzed from the neck down. Their last case was never solved, and now Harry is looking in to the case.

Cross and Dorsey were the lead detectives on a case where million dollars in cash was stolen from a filming location four years before. The robbers drove up to the location just as the cash was delivered and stole the money from the truck after shooting the guards and killing the head of bank security. Harry happened to be at the location to ask the producers about a production associate who was murdered days before the robbery. He exchanged shots with the robbers and one of the assailants was shot as they escaped.

Harry and his partners Kiz and Edgar lost the murder case as Robbery Homicide took it over along with the film location robbery. With the shoot out at lunch, the case was no longer actively worked.

My only problem is when Michael Connelly gets the geography around UCLA and Westwood (where I spent my childhood and educational years) gets something wrong. Almost as bad as fact-checking Jonathan Kellerman on his Westwood mapping.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost Light.