Dani's Reviews > Memento mori

Memento mori by Jonathan Nolan

Jan 23, 13

bookshelves: movies, nolan-bros, chris-nolan-i-love-you, favourites
Read on February 01, 2011

"(...) Time moves about you but never moves you. It has lost its ability to affect you. What is it they say? That time is theft? But not for you. Close your eyes and you can start all over again. Conjure up that necessary emotion, fresh as roses..."

What can I say? Just amazing. I saw the movie first, but even if you'd done it, you have to read this. It has a totally diferent point of view, it gives more importance to the time than the memory disease and it's such a beautiful piece of art. So, I recommend this little story to all of you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Memento mori.

Quotes Dani Liked

Jonathan Nolan
“Time is an absurdity. An abstraction. The only thing that matters is this moment. This moment a million times over. You have to trust me. If this moment is repeated enough, if you keep trying — and you have to keep trying — eventually you will come across the next item on your list.”

Jonathan Nolan
“Believing the lie that time will heal all wounds is just a nice way of saying that time deadens us.”

Jonathan Nolan
“For a few minutes of every day, every man becomes a genius. This is the tragedy of life.”