Aydin's Reviews > Infinite Jest

3198519
Jan 30, 12

bookshelves: literature, to-read

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infinite Jest.

Benji my favorite ever. good if read in conjunction with the online site infinitesummer.org, a sort of support group. there's a copy, Sam G's halfway done with it. i'll get you the copy of 2666 I finished next week. Im doing Sefrou camp, where are you going to camp?

message 2: by Aydin (last edited Mar 27, 2011 05:35PM) (new) - added it

Aydin I'd love that – I actually looked into the book from your review, and checked out the Charlie Rose interview with David Foster Wallace. Watching the interview, I felt I deeply got where he was coming from, with the parallel elements, from his background in modal logic, to his chronic depression and painfully tender ego. I think I'll likely enjoy his magnum opus.

Going to be in Ouarzazate for Spring camp – hopefully our paths will cross on one of these trips around the horn. And remember, you my dear friend are always welcome wherever I am.

Cheers and good learning,
a.

Benji wrote: "my favorite ever. good if read in conjunction with the online site infinitesummer.org, a sort of support group. there's a copy, Sam G's halfway done with it. i'll get you the copy of 2666 I fini..."

Benji Didnt realize you were headed down here. Responding to what you wrote here, he has a few short stories that I'll send you right now on PDF... some of them are perfectly those same issues very clearly delineated. It's very similar to what Nietzsche wrote once, about ''the tragedy of being neither smart enough nor dumb enough to make history (i think his phrase was ''to be a historical man'')''. Just enough intelligence to see the problems and issues but being impotent to overcome them. Miss you, in Ourzazate when you get there, go to the Amsterdam fruit juice place and try the 'fruit sec'... divine. :)