Angie's Reviews > You Slay Me

You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister

Feb 21, 08

bookshelves: 2008
Read in February, 2008

I remember picking up this book at the library a couple of months ago, reading the back cover and becoming intrigued by what it said. Then I noticed the spine of the book classified it as a "Paranormal Romance," a genre I don't believe I've experienced before. Paranormal? Fun! Interesting! Romance? Ick! Hate! Put book back on shelf. Let someone else have.

So last week, I was trying to root out some good books again at the local library and I came across this book again. Romance? Well, it IS February...y'know...Valentine's Day and all. What the heck. I'll give it a try.

You know what? I was pleasantly surprised by this quirky, amusing little story. It is mind candy in its purest form, but still entertaining. It was like an R-rated Harry Potter meets Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic character, Becky Bloomwood. Or something like that.

I believe there are 4 books in the series, at this time, and this is the first one, so a great place to start! You don't have to understand all the paranormal stuff - dragons, wyverns, and demons - to enjoy the story. The main character, Aisling Grey, is as clueless as a new reader would be, so it's all explained as the story unfolds - at least as much as Aisling understands and learns. The story is a little predictable, but there were still a few twists that I didn't see coming.

If you enjoy some tasty mind candy, pick up this book and let your brain begin to rot!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Slay Me.