Emi's Reviews > The Shamer's Signet

The Shamer's Signet by Lene Kaaberbøl

Mar 24, 11

bookshelves: fantasy-high, pub-macmillan-henryholtandco, age-youngadult
Read from March 23 to 24, 2011

To be honest, I really did enjoy the book. Dina was just as amazing and strong as she was in the first novel, and it was fun seeing her powers grow (even if she was against it). However, the story isn't just from her perspective--it's also told from the perspective of her older brother, Davin, and he was the reason why I had to bump the book down to three stars. To put it simply, I found him insanely annoying. For a sixteen-year-old, he was whiny, impulsive, and pigheaded in all of the wrong ways. Dina was much more mature than he ever was--which is really saying something since she's she's 11 YEARS OLD. even towards the end of the book I never felt like he quite matured into the man he was trying to be. I kind of wish that the other half of the story had been told by Rose. At least she was strong and brave and a good source of comic relief.

From what I've heard, this is the weakest book out of the series, and I can see why. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to reading the next book. I just hope that Davin stays out of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shamer's Signet.

03/23/2011 page 187