Edna Lyn's Reviews > You Against Me

You Against Me by Jenny Downham

Mar 23, 11

bookshelves: 2011, contemporary, young-adult
Read from March 19 to 20, 2011

You Against Me is a fantastically written story about falling for the someone under the most unfortunate and uncomfortable circumstances. While the situation isn't ideal, the blooming romance between Mikey and Ellie was beautiful. I thought Jenny Downham did a wonderful job developing their relationship into something genuine and believable. Mikey and Ellie were imperfect but it was easy for me to understand where they were coming from.

In addition to a romance, this was a book about family relationships. The supporting characters were engaging and interesting. There was no doubt about the love each Mikey and Ellie had for their siblings. What it comes down to is protecting those you love even in such complicated situation. It was pretty intense and as the climax built towards the end, I was aching for the person who had to come clean with the truth. I can't even begin to imagine being in such a position.

I thought the premise was fascinating and unique. The writing was simple and flowed effortlessly throughout the book. I was actually quite satisfied with the open ending in regards to the trial. It felt right. I wouldn't object to a sequel though, to see how everything plays out.

*For anyone in the US or wherever this book isn't released yet, You Against Me is available to purchase at The Book Depository website.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Against Me.