MISS VAIN's Reviews > Dead as a Doornail

Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead as a Doornail.

Quotes MISS VAIN Liked

Charlaine Harris
“Did we have sex?" he asked directly.
For about two minutes, this might actually be fun. "Eric," I said, "we had sex in every position I could imagine, and some I couldn’t. We had sex in every room in my house, and we had sex outdoors. You told me it was the best you’d ever had." (At the time he couldn’t recall all the sex he’d ever had. But he’d paid me a compliment.) "Too bad you can’t remember it," I concluded with a modest smile.
Eric looked like I’d hit him in the forehead with a mallet. For all of thirty seconds his reaction was completely gratifying.”
Charlaine Harris, Dead as a Doornail

04/17/2011 page 6
2.0% "Finally getting a chance to read!!!!!!"
show 1 hidden update…

MISS VAIN P.73 I know I'm a lager! But I'm reading now!
Well I saw your post to me that I will be waiting a long time for Eric to get his memory back?? Very frustrating of Mrs. Harris, though I'm sure she has her reasons. :) I feel like how we felt when we read V.A. Series and we were waiting for something to happen to "redo" what happened in the third book...you know? I would write it in "spoiler mode" but you and I know Cat will read it and spoil some of her fun (but it has to do with a spirit user and a magic) well Mrs. Mead did her best to drag that along but, I loved every agonizing moment of that!!!
Well do you like Quinn?

MISS VAIN P.s. She with Alcide at the funeral now!

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Oh Yea Col. Flood!! You will meet Quinn soon enough!!

Oh and I know what ur talking about with the VA!! And yea!

MISS VAIN Do you like Quinn?

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Ok...At first I didn't like him at all! I guess because I really wanted Eric to remember and I wanted them to get together. He was kinda annoying to me! But when I re-read the series...I realized that I judged him harshly! I really like him now!

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: But I am still first and foremost Team Northman!!

MISS VAIN Haha! That's what I figured you would say as well! ME Too! Once I get a male character I like the others don't stand a chance LOL!!!!! Team Northman it is.. :-)

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: I guess you have to think along the lines of: Is Sookie supposed to just wait around for Eric to get his memory?? NO! And a hot (I wont say what he is yet) wants to get with her...why the hell not, yanno!! So there ya go!

Man if I wasn't so into this 3rd Nightwalker book I would totally b re-reading Dead as a Doornail with you! lol

MISS VAIN LOL!! I wish you were reading it again with me because its so fun! Haha. I was so lame I totally did that while you were reading Georgina Kincaid too. So I feel ya! No she should not wait around for him, you are right....but I just want to say "tell Eric, he said he loved you, and would work so he could take care of you" LOL...That would be so funny...he would die!! Him working a job instead of Fangtasia, I think he would rather be staked lol.
Well I'm loving reading these books and Im getting pumped for the new season as well.....and you were right, the books are better than the series (except for the visuals of course) and the plots do differ from the books...but I have a new appreciation for the show too!!!

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Yup thats exactly how I feel! Dont worry though..when it comes back to him. Its going to blow ur mind!!!

AngelLeah Man, I need to reread these books! I don't usually reread books, but I might like this series again (except the last one!)
I reread the BDB recently (first time I've ever reread books) and I LOVED it. You do catch so many things the second time around.
PS... Go Team Northman. Love me some Eric!

MISS VAIN I hope it truly does Blow my mind...you know why..because all this suspense is KILLING Me!! My only regret lately is that I've been watching too much TV and falling asleep way too early, nonetheless depriving me of finishing this series faster..LOL

MISS VAIN I agree AngelLeah you do catch a lot more the second time around. I loved to re-read BDB too. Also on you last post on your review I forgot to agree with you, Sookie does not have enough sex LOL.
She's young, pretty and she can't get STD's from these supernatural men so I say go for it girl ;)

AngelLeah Yeah, I guess it's not something the writer is good at.
Although, she has lots of sex in the Showtime series! I'm just starting to watch it on Netflix and am up to the second season. I wasn't a fan at first, now I'm loving it! So much sex... :D

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: You are right she doesn't have as much sex in the books.

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: There's a short story in Sookieverse that I love called The Gift. Let me tell ya..Sookie surprised the heck outta me!

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: There's only a handful of series that I've re-read and they gotta be pretty good for me to do so. But Sookie I could read a thousand times!!

MISS VAIN Me either I wasn't a fan. I've watched the first and second season and now I'm catching up on the third season. This third season is more interested than the other I think so far. Basically the reason I watched it in the first place is because I liked Eric and all his arrogance on the show, even before reading the books. Same way I feel about Damen Salvatore, I just love the mostly bad good guys ;)

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Oh...don't get me started on Damon!! Gawd!! He is sooo damn hot!!

MISS VAIN Oh what I would do if I got ahold of that hot ass! Grrrr

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) My internal tracking device directed me to this page because it detected the words "Cat" and "spoiler". I want it. Give it to me.

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: We knew you would show up eventually...LOL!

MISS VAIN LOL! That's why I didn't fill in the spoiler because I knew you wouldn't have the self control not to click the "view spoiler" button! LOL!
I'm actually almost as bad I think, I know a huge spoiler from this series because I'm nosey and I'm trying not to think about it. Its driving me crazy with suspense!

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) So I guess since you're trying not to think about it, I shouldn't ask what it is? ;)

MISS VAIN Well If I tell you don't confirm or deny it because its bad that I'm so nosey I can't wait, but its making me want to read faster.(view spoiler) *wink*

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) ...*This is me not saying anything when I really, really want to*...

MISS VAIN I'm very naughty, so I'm thinking maybe I should take my spanking from Eric and get my punishment over with.....;)

message 30: by Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov (last edited Apr 18, 2011 09:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: LMAO!

AngelLeah Are we starting a line for spankings from Eric?!
*gets in line behind Miss Vain*

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) LOL. I'll only get in line if he isn't wearing that shiny pink spandex.

MISS VAIN LOL Okay Cat is picky about his wardrobe and AngelLeah is line too.
But since I'm not picky he doesn't have to wear anything at all during my spanking.....;)) hehe

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) Now I have an image of him naked, holding a wooden paddle, wearing pink fuzzy socks.

MISS VAIN Well that's because his feet were cold and I had to loan him a pair of my pink fuzzy socks!

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) LOL You're just sucking up so you can get extra spankings.

MISS VAIN Well there's no need to deny it Cat, you've got me there ;)

Samina ~ Escapism~ Can I stand in line too? I will not mind his pink fuzzy socks.If there is a hot guy naked in front of me who is looking at his feet?

MISS VAIN I agree Samina! LOL

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) Okay, maybe pink socks aren't so bad. This guy changed my mind. .

MISS VAIN Now see isn't that photo delicious...he can pink socks and all. The wolf also adds to the danger factor LOL. I would say please only wear your pink socks.......

AngelLeah I don't care what he's wearing as long as he slapping my ass when I bend over! :)

MISS VAIN How sad about Alcide's dad :(

MISS VAIN A Tiger shapeshifter!! I think that is sexier than wolf....

MISS VAIN He bent and kissed me on my mouth, as softly as a butterfly's fluttering..."You said I told you you were the best I'd ever had," he said. "But did you respond in kind?"...."Don't you wish you knew?" I said, and went back to work.
LOL I love this quote, because even when Eric is back to himself I adore his arrogance!! I'm glad she keeps him on his toes :)

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) I agree. I was upset after the scene with Alcide's dad. That whole situation was bittersweet for me because it was depressing, but at the same time I was happy that Quinn was introduced. I looooooooove me some Quinn! (view spoiler)

MISS VAIN OMG I thought you were giving me some Quinn info, but I notice it was just as teaser....well you just wait until I can pay you back LOL. It was horrible with Alcide's dad. More horrifying is that Sookie had to be a part of it! Yes Quinn does seem sexy, especially when he got down on his stomach and licked Sookie's cut....(view spoiler)

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) I'm sure you will be able to pay me back soon. I'm starting Frostbite tonight, so there will be plenty of opportunities. ;)

Samina ~ Escapism~ oh i m really tempted to look at the spoilers....damn it!

« previous 1