Deborah Sloan's Reviews > Hybrid

Hybrid by Brian O'Grady

Mar 23, 11

Read in March, 2011

How many times have we thought about having special powers-mind control, telekinesis, telepathy. For Red Cross worker Amanda Flynn the one survivor of a deadly virus outbreak EDH1 in Honduras who escaped from quarantine seven years ago, battling the demons of evil thoughts using her new found powers has kept her on the run in hiding finding a balance in life has been her goal. That is until a re-surfacing of a similar virus breaks out in Colorado Springs, Colorado and the hunt is one once again for Amanda Flynn when authorities in the CDC think she is the cause.

But there is another. One who thrives on evil and killing, who's one goal is to destroy human kind. Hunting him down and stopping the evil outbreak that may kill hundreds of thousands will require cooperation that Amanda is not sure if she want's to risk. But how many others may become just like her if this virus is let loose on the populations by a mysterious terrorist cell. How many will become like the other- relishing in the death of strangers? She may just be the only chance for humanity's survival.

"Dr. Brian O’Grady, a neurosurgeon, explores these intriguing questions in his pulse-pounding medical debut thriller HYBRID (The Fiction Studio; April 7, 2011). “We have limitless connections between the nerve cells in our brains, yet we only use about 10 percent. Imagine if we could unlock our vast potential?” he asks."

It is believed that a few select people in our society today possess one or another of these gifts of the mind. Imagine thousands having all three. Would you want your private thoughts, feelings, and experiences known by another? Could a virus's accidental release cause mass homicides and suicides? We are aware of how chemical changes in the brain can affect behavior, so if a virus is targeted to the brain, I would think it could. As a practicing neurosurgeon, perhaps Dr. Brian O' Grady believes so as well, and it shows in this fabulous medical thriller!

I thoroughly loved reading Hybrid by Dr. Brian O' Grady! This well written suspenseful thrilling novel will keep you on your toes waiting for what happens next. Move over Michael Chrichton there is another medical thriller novelist on the block! I myself, can't wait for another great one from Dr. Brian O'Grady and wish him the best of success! I highly recommend picking up a copy of Hybrid as soon as possible if you love a great read like this one! Available in Paperback and Kindle versions.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hybrid.