Tina Reber's Reviews > Nevermore

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

Mar 25, 11

bookshelves: ya-fiction
Read from March 23 to 25, 2011

Kelly Creagh manages to paint a very vivid world where dreams and reality blend. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, up to the ending. It was one of those books that I couldn't put down, and since I had it on my Kindle, the story followed me around to every room. It captured and held my attention and I felt myself getting emotionally involved with the characters quite early in the story. I hated the part where teens can be ruthlessly cruel, but unfortunately, that is reality.

Some of the scenes toward the end were a little confusing to me I think only because I couldn't relate to it on a personal experience level. How one's dreams could affect many other's realities? I found myself re-reading some passages and then this overlap was validated by Gwen's statements at the end; she, too, had experienced the overlap. All this points to much needed sequel.

I would have liked to have seen more intimate connections between Varen and Isobel - maybe a foot tap, some nudges, stuff that shows she is getting to him. We got a knuckle brush across her cheek. Isobel was, in my opinion, more emotionally invested in Varen.

Oh, Varen. My visions of him veered away from some of those described and he started to look like Jared Leto (I have a good imagination) just because the picture of the guy on the book cover does nothing for me. My Varen had to have some beefy substance and good looks behind the kohl eyeliner.

I took away 1 star because I hate feeling depressed when a book ends. Bring on the sequel and get me out of this funk. I'm not done with Isobel and Varen and their new love.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nevermore.