Darlene's Reviews > Weird Astronomy: Tales Of Unusual, Bizarre, And Other Hard To Explain Observations

Weird Astronomy by David A.J. Seargent

Jun 02, 11

bookshelves: first-reads, astronomy
Recommended to Darlene by: First-Reads on GoodReads.
Recommended for: Astronomy buffs
Read from April 08 to June 02, 2011, read count: .50

Yay! I am a winner of First-Reads and I will get this book soon. Thank you! I can hardly wait!

* * *

This is a fascinating book. If I were still a huge astronomy buff that I was as a teen I would have read every word. If I had a great telescope and astro-friends/club I would have read every word. If I weren't OLD and the dreams of getting out into space not squelched, I would have read every word. As it was, I read every word until about halfway through. I found the discussion very interesting. And I still skimmed and read captions under the wonderful pictures through the end.

I highly recommend this book to anyone crazy for space. As soon as my friends get a chance to look at it I will try to find one of the space fans to gift it to.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Weird Astronomy.

04/08/2011 page 6
04/09/2011 page 12
6.0% "It came yesterday, free, won it from first-read giveaway. So far loving it. This book would be great for amateur astronomers. I have been in the past. This is not my bed time book, I don't want to lose the information to sleep."
04/10/2011 page 36
17.0% "1st chapter is proving my own lunacy. Astronomy class was at least a decade ago. I've never had my own telescope (Santa must've gotten tired of my badgering.) So, have to admit much flies over my head. Pun intended. Knowing that many visions of dancing particles on the moon may actually be floaters in the eye of the beholder to spider babies flying just out of vision range, makes me understand UFOs much better. :)"
05/04/2011 page 83
39.0% "Sorry this is taking so long. ADD keeps me hopping to fictional books. Still, it is interesting and well written."
show 3 hidden updates…

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Oh, I would love to read this when you're done!

Darlene Absolutely! Can hardly wait til it gets here!

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl I see S. Michele has it on to-read, too - but I'm a fast reader so I call dibs.

Darlene :) Michele is very speedy, too! I'm the slow one and you all have to wait for me to get it and then read it! :P

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl okay - I'll wait my turn - I hope it's as good as we all want it to be!

Darlene Finally got here! It looks good. Lots of pictures! Woo hoo!