Leann's Reviews > The Preacher's Daughter

The Preacher's Daughter by Beverly  Lewis

Feb 17, 2008

I saw this book at my local Goodwill and while it wasn't the type of book I normally read, I decided to pick it up and purchase it. When I started reading the book I was immediately drawn into Annie's world. Annie is the daughter of the Amish preacher and she strives to respect and obey the Amish ways but one thing gets into the way of that -- her passion for painting. Painting is not allowed by the Amish and Annie goes as far as to hide the fact that she is painting from her family. Annie has also had a penpal for many years and when her friends life starts to crumble, she asks Annie if she can come out and stay with her and her family for a simpler way of life. Annies friend is an Englisher but when she comes out for the visit she voluntarily adapts to the Amish way of life.

The author shows the constant struggle Annie goes through when deciding if her passion of painting or joining the Amish church will win in the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Preacher's Daughter.