Rara Mbol's Reviews > Dark Times

Dark Times by Rob Reger

Jun 04, 11

Read from May 07 to June 04, 2011 — I own a copy

What's so good about discussing memories of moments when you weren't even there?

Emily Strange thought oh frazzing shakatax, let's just build a Time-Out Machine and fly to year 1790 and experience what was really happening there, shall we.

So there, through her diary Emily would drag us to her adventure decades before she was even born.

The adventure was okay. I mean, what could be more interesting than trying to heal Seasidetown from Wyte Fever with your 13-year-old great great great aunt and discovering flying fishes around? But I kinda found myself not into this story as much as I was with her two previous books ("The Lost Days" and "Stranger & Stranger").

Personally, I don't think "Dark Times" is weird enough. I mean, of course it's so amazingly weird compared to chick flicks or Disney tales. But for Emily The Strange standard, I feel this one is less strange than it should've been.

But joitheads, who the moldwarps I am to say.

Other than the less-weirdness stuff, the story is still basically kewl. And of course, my all-time favorite part of Rob Reger's Emily The Strange novels are the vocabularies. They just always clotpolesly amazed me!

So is this book worth a buy?

Mmm... you can borrow mine :p

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Times.