Elysium's Reviews > The Tudor Secret

The Tudor Secret by C.W. Gortner

Mar 26, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, tudor, historical, read-in-2011
Read in March, 2011

Brendan Prescott was abandoned as a baby and he was brought up in the Dudley family. Living with the Dudley boys isn’t always easy and they makes sure that Brendan knows he’s just a foundling. When he’s 20 he is brought to court to be squire to Robert Dudley. Soon an errand for Robert takes Brendan to meet Princess Elizabeth. She makes quite an impression and soon Brendan finds that making Elizabeth safe doesn’t go well with serving the Dudleys. It doesn’t take long for him to come to the attention of William Cecil and finds himself to be a spy in exchange to learn who he is.

I truly enjoyed this and almost read it in a day. I adored Brendan and I loved watching how he grows from the quite innocent boy to more mature and intelligent young man. Living in the court isn’t always easy and you find yourself growing tougher.

I also loved Peregrin and it was great that Brendan found someone to watch he’s back.Robert was vain, short tempered and kind of a bully but it was refreshing to see that side of him. He certainly had ambition. I loved how Elizabeth was portrayed and how she came through as a person and friend.

While the book takes certain liberties and I admit having a thing for historical accurancies, I didn’t have problems with this one. It’s mystery and not straight historical novel and it’s stated in the author's notes.

Great book and it seems you can never go wrong with Gortner and I can’t wait for the next book in the serie!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tudor Secret.

03/24/2011 page 286

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misfit (new) - added it

Misfit I liked Peregrine a lot as well.