♥Xeni♥'s Reviews > A Girl Called 51

A Girl Called 51 by Roger Clarke

Mar 24, 11

bookshelves: erotica, ebook, xcite, slave, abuse, adult, adventure, bdsm, government, prison, psychology, survival, suspense, women
Read from March 23 to 24, 2011

Wow, what a story. This book definitely reminded me of Girl Trade by Chloe Thurlow, but while this novel was shorter and more cruel, and Girl Trade was longer and showed some of the more positive aspects of being a slave, I think A Girl Called 51 was the more realistic of the two.

Which is ironic, since the events in Girl Trade actually happened and this novel was a work of fiction. But I can so easily see a Complex like this one actually existing in Great Britain; and I know of a slave organization for the politicians of America does exist (see Cathy O'Brein's chronicles).

It wasa disturbing read, but also informative. I loved the authors writing style. It was simple and to the point and didn't irritate me overtly.

The end was climatic and somewhat expected but still great in arriving there. It was a moving story, and I'm not sure if I can stomach reading it again. Definitely a great book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Girl Called 51.

03/23/2011 page 30
14.93% "Mhh, interesting setup already. I'll be interested to see where this goes."
03/24/2011 page 83
41.0% "A tad unrealistic in some parts, but a great plot so far nonetheless."
03/24/2011 page 97
48.0% "Okay, so the parents thing should have been expected, but I was only prepared for it in the back of my mind. I almost gasped really really big in class when I read that, but thank goodness I managed to stifle it!"
03/24/2011 page 122
61.0% "I had a bit of a realization of how real this book could be... so undercover; it's pretty darn possible."
03/24/2011 page 168
84.0% "wow, this is really getting intense!"