Vy's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Apr 09, 11

bookshelves: own-read, signed
Read in April, 2011

City of Fallen Angels was all I could talk about for the whole week before I got the book. The night before I had trouble sleeping from the anticipation to get it. When I finally got the book I guess all I could do was squeal and repeat, "OMG, OMG, OMG! I got it! OMG OMG!." My brother finally had to tell me to shut up and read it already. I can honestly say I'm glad he told me that because this book was (insert an awesome/cool word here)!!!

What I liked about City of Fallen Angels was that there were many POVs. (POV = Points of view) The books before were more focused on Clary and Jace but now there's some more of Simon in there. I got to know the characters way more and see them in a different way. There will be more from Simon's love triangle with Isabelle and Maia. A bit of Alec and Magnus drama is also thrown into it and Simon's little love triangle gets a surprising twist when a new character is introduced, Kyle.

Being the teenage fan girl that I am, I can say that the DSAS (Dirty Sexy Alley Scene) was even better in text. The first three books was when Jace and Clary's relationship developed and now they're finally a thing. I was really glad that Clary was still a strong character even through some hard relationship times. Sadly they do go through some issues that affected Jace's awesome attitude. I was reading a great review before I wrote this and thought the same thing about this statement, "He really just wasn’t his sarcastic, bad-ass self." from Christy @ The Reader Bee.

At first I wasn't sure how City of Fallen Angels would turn out since City of Glass had great ending but Cassie Clare did not disappoint in anyway! I was thinking there was no way someone could possibly fill in for Valentine, but I was wrong! Cassandra is killing me by ending it on such a cliff-hanger. Now I'm eagerly waiting for City of Lost Souls which is expected to be released May 2012.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.

Quotes Vy Liked

Cassandra Clare
“So what was that all about?"
"I think," Jace said, "that she asked if she could touch my mango."
"She said that?"
Jace shrugged. "Yeah, then she gave me her number.”
Cassandra Clare, City of Fallen Angels

04/05/2011 page 40
9.0% "eee!! Loving it so far!" 1 comment
04/05/2011 page 80
19.0% "I <3 Simon!"
04/07/2011 page 319
75.0% "grr homework is in the way of my reading... Starting to like the new guy!"
show 1 hidden update…