Lindsey's Reviews > Confessions

Confessions by Kate Brian

F_50x66
Mar 22, 11

Reed Brennan in this book is finally getting over her dead ex-boyfriend Thomas when she discovers that her new boyfriend Josh is the number one suspect in the murder case.
In the beginning of the book, I was annoyed with Reed’s attitude. I understand that she has gone through a traumatic event, but I felt like she overreacted to the situation. If it had been me, I would have instantly determined to prove his innocence. Instead, Reed just closes herself off from the outside world and refuses to talk most of the time. I understand she was hurting, but she got on my nerves.
I thought that Kate Brian was brilliant for barely giving you clues about the Thomas murder case. She made me feel like I had to continue reading to find out whom the murderer was. In the end when you found out Ariana, Reed’s friend, killed Thomas. I thought this added a new, unseen dimension to the Billings girl characters. This proved that none of them are as perfect as they appear.
When Ariana tried to kill Reed, I was extremely happy to find that Noelle saves her. In the beginning of the series, Noelle only seemed like the snobby popular girl. That act of courage made me see her in a different perspective. I realized that she was a good friend who would always be there, no matter how rude she can be.
In the end, I really like the book. I felt there were a few things that could have been more detailed, but as a whole, I really enjoyed the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions.