LaMaya's Reviews > True to the Game III

True to the Game III by Teri Woods

F 50x66
Mar 26, 11

Read in March, 2011

True to the Game part 3, was a great book and I enjoyed how the author, Teri Woods, went about writing it. True to the Game part 3, was written from a different point view of a character and it retraced the same exact steps from the last book, and then continued it from this characters point of view. I think the author succeeded in this task because everything made sense. If you read the previous book, True To The Game 2, there were a lot of cliffhangers that made you wonder: Who is that? Who is in the car following Gena? and so on. So this book, True to the Game 3, was revealing who these people are and how did it get to the ending of True to the Game 2. I liked reading True to the Game because of the reality of the book. It wasn't a fake plot and it didn't have characters that were very, "Hollywood". Having the setting of the book taking place in Harlem, New York and in Philadelphia around the 1990's gave me the opportunity to picture what was happening because I live in Philadelphia and I knew a lot about the streets, and certain locations that took place in this book.
Now if you are a fan of one of the well known t.v shows, "The Wire", you'll also be a fan of True to the Game 3, not only does it have people dealing with every day struggles, like they also did in "The Wire", but both of "The Wire"and True to the Game 3, had there share of the cops p.o.v, which was also exciting in the book.
I'd love to give a quote from somewhere in this book to prove what I am saying, but I don't want to give away anything that happens in True to The Game 3.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True to the Game III.

message 1: by Larissa (new)

Larissa Nice review!