Melissa's Reviews > Blind Hope: An Unwanted Dog and the Woman She Rescued

Blind Hope by Kim Meeder

May 11, 2011

Read from March 18 to 22, 2011 , read count: 1

Blind Hope - An Unwanted Dog & the Woman She Rescued by Kim Meeder and Laurie Sacher is the book I will be reviewing. I got this book because I am a huge animal lover. This book arrived yesterday and I could not wait to read it. It is a true story about Laurie and her dog Mia. Mia was a rescue dog. She was an Australian mix dog that was around nine years old. Laurie had not seen Mia before she went to rescue her she had only heard about her through her work (this was a good thing for Mia). Once Laurie arrived at the dreadful location to rescue Mia (aka Angel at the time) she was taken aback by the looks of Mia. Mia was not attractive like Laurie had anticipated her to be. She was also in need of food, bath and some breath freshener. The words Laurie used to describe the dog were “Wretched Creature” It was not long until Mia had a new name and started to teach Laurie about a blind faith. Laurie had grown up in a world were she went to church but she says in the book “she had mistaken God for a church, a group of people and a set of rules.” Laurie begins to see the inner beauty that comes from Mia but also the outer ugliness of Mia reminds her of herself on the inside. It is not long before Mia teaches her that” love is not a feeling but a choice” Mia also lead Laurie back to God. She has strayed for so long. What I learned from this book is that we are always looking for those big moments to hear from God. We want him to fix us when we are lost. He wants to fix us too but sometimes the fixing comes in a not so pretty package and with bad breath. I thought of my dog that has bad breath and I though about how much happiness and love he brings to me and how his love is unconditional. I realized God did that. He gave us these simple animals to teach us lessons. Laurie and Mia’s story made me realize this. This book made me cry; it made me laugh and taught me that Love is a choice and that God loves me unconditionally like the dogs he brings into our lives. I also found it ironic that Laurie rescued a dog originally named angel .If you are not an animal lover get this book. You can learn from it as well. I have to say there are so many good points in this book I got out the high lighter. I recommend this book. The book is an easy read as well. It is a short book with only a total of 178 pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blind Hope.