Lisa Kay's Reviews > A Bad Day for Sorry

A Bad Day for Sorry by Sophie Littlefield

This book was a kick! I loved, loved, loved Stella Hardesty and she's several notches above the Dixie Chicks and their methods of getting rid of a bad man, as she goes after several. I would never take the law into my own hands, so it's nice that Stella can do it for me. She's described as "scrappy, mean, and incredibly appealing". Yup. I got a good sense of characterization for all involved in this witty mystery with surprising depth. Well worth the read. If this was a finalist for an Edgar Award, I'm going to have to look up who won.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bad Day for Sorry.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Obaji (new) - added it

Obaji Chinwe It's educative because it inculcates morals to business mothers who have a bully for a husband.

Lisa Kay True, Obaji! But was a humorous way to indoctrinate.

Regina Lisa Kay did you listen to the audio? I am loving the audio version.

Lisa Kay Oh, this is so weird, Regina, b/c I'm doing an audio challenge in RRRC (are you?) and someone posted that they didn't like A Bad Day for Scandal (Bad Day, #3) by Sophie Littlefield b/c the narrator sounded like they were "coughing up a hairball". I don't know if it is the same reader or not.

Anyway, I read it via paperback. I wouldn't mind listening to it, though. ☺ Good to know you're giving it a thumbs up.

Regina She definitely has a rough voice but I think it suits the characters. :)

Lisa Kay I think my library has a sample I can listen to. I may "re-read" this one or try another in the series.

message 7: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne Great review Lisa Kay!