Christi Snow's Reviews > You Dropped a Blonde on Me

You Dropped a Blonde on Me by Dakota Cassidy

Mar 26, 11

Read on March 22, 2011

Fabulous book. I am a 40 yo sahm (although not a trophy wife) so a lot of this book and the heroine resonated with me. I loved Campbell...talk about an awesome hero!! Adam too...

Full review reposted from my Smitten with Reading blog:

My Review:
This book really resonated with me. I am the same age as Maxine and have spent the last 17 years of my marriage as a SAHM so I could definitely relate to the floundering of Max when her marriage suddenly went down the tubes.

I really liked the forward by Dakota Cassidy talking about her meltdown during the stress of her divorce. It gave the entire novel a whole level of credibility that I am not sure would have been there otherwise, because let's face it, Max has moments where she could easily be considered certifiable. But if you haven't been in that position, there is no way to know how all that stress will affect you.

I liked that Max realized that she was on the edge of psychosis and tried to convince Campbell to stay away from her because of it. I loved Campbell's character and how (for the most part) he realized that Max was on the edge and deserving of kid-gloves and understanding. The best scene in the book: when he walks into the pool fully clothed to get his goodnight kiss. BUT everyone has their limits to how much they can take mentally so, although I really hated it when he finally did lose his patience with Max (because he kept saying that he understood and could handle her angst,) I could understand it.

The fact that the whole novel takes place in a retirement village was a hoot. Let's face it, most elderly have reached a point in their life when they don't hold anything back and it made for some really funny scenes in this book.

At the beginning of each chapter tree is a "Note from Maxine Henderson to all ex-trophy wives:" These are so funny and entertaining. They also give a hint into what is coming up in the chapter and how Max is going to screw things up again. It's a really fun little detail about the book.

I am looking forward to the 2nd installment of the Trophy Wives series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Dropped a Blonde on Me.

03/22/2011 page 22

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber Looks good!

Christi Snow It was...I also have her book Accidentally Catty and I am even more excited to read it. I will probably read it today!!

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber I'm *almost* done with the 2nd Cat and Bones book...just might have to re-read chapter 32 *wink*;)

Christi Snow mmm, yes, that is one seriously HOT chapter! I had to go re-read it again...you know, purely for the sake of discussion. ;o)

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber Well of course, purely research, bwahaha!

message 6: by Carole (new) - added it

Carole You guys are making a serious case for me to go out and find that book immediately.