Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews:::'s Reviews > Retribution

Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Aug 07, 11

bookshelves: dark-hunter, sherrilyn-kenyon, must-reads, guardians, greeks-and-such, angels-demons-and-incubi-ohmy, cant-get-enough-series
Recommended for: All DH Fans and PNR Fans!!!
Read from August 02 to 06, 2011

All her life Abigail has had one goal! To kill Sundown Brady...she's always believed that he was the one who murdered her parents. Since thier death, she's been raised by Apolites( Beings made by Apolo, who killed his mistress and son....so in turn he cursed them all to die on their 27th Birthday). So they've poisoned her mind into thinking that all Dark Hunters are to bad and they need to be destroyed. Unfortunately, she kills the wrong person...thinking he is a Dark Hunter and sets off the Apocolpse.

William Jessup "Sundown" Brady, was a gunslinger and hitman...an outlaw. Now that he's found his one true love...Matilda. He's decided to stop all his wicked ways and become a respectable man, so he sells all his guns and goes off to marry Matilda and start a new life. Unfortunatley for Jess, his best friend Bart see's it as his opportunity to kill Jess and take the large bounty on his head. Jess vows that he will have his revenge on Bart and he gives his soul to Artemis...now he's a Dark Hunter.

In present day, Jess has been transfered to Las Vegas. He's been alerted that theres a human leading a band of Daimons, knocking off Dark Hunters. Once he runs into them he's surprised that its Abby. He thought she was dead. And even more confusing than the fact that she's the one leading the Daimons...is that she's trying to kill him and she's got some supernatural strength. He takes her down and wisks her away back to his home, when he finds out that Abby has killed someone she shouldn't have and has started the Apocolpse. Now he had to protect her from some angry Gods from another Pantheon, who wants her dead!

It was really good to be back with the DH crew!! I loved everything about this one. Now there's a new Pantheon in the mix and I loved it. Can't wait to see how all of it will tie into the other things that are going on in this world. Sherrilyn Kenyon is amazing and can do no wrong IMHO!!

If I could give it more I would!! I LOVED it! This one had the essence of previous DH novels! I was quite dissapointed in No Mercy (Dark-Hunter, #19)...it just didnt have the same feel to me! But Retribution did not dissapoint! All I can say is wish I we coulda found out whats going on with Jaden and with Nick and The Bitch-Goddess....but Im willing to be patient! This contribution left me well satisfied and anxious to find out more about the Guardians and the Native American tie into all of this! Sherrilyn Kenyon has this knack for making you fall in love with the characters. I can honestly say that I fell in love with this series all over again. Had no incling that it was even possible!! GOD....I LOVE The Dark Hunters Series!!!!!!!!!!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Retribution.

08/02/2011
2.0% "How can the first 7 pgs be so captivating? Cuz Sherrilyn Kenyon is the author...thats why!!"
08/02/2011
13.0% "O.M.F.G....thats who she is?? Really???" 3 comments
08/04/2011 page 300
67.0% "This is awesome I dont know what else to say!"
08/04/2011 page 350
78.0% "I swear i dont want this to end!!!!!!!!"
08/04/2011
87.0% "“Arrogance. The number one cause of death among both peasant and king. Beware its sharp blade. More times than not, it injures the one who wields it most of all.”"
08/04/2011
87.0% "OMG!!I love this bonus scene...Simi is hilarious!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: On my way to get it like RIGHT NOW!

~Jessica~I'm a Hoodie Ninja~ did you get your B&N coupon in your email?! I did! lol

Yogi I'm sooooo glad I saw this! I forgot it came out today. Yay!

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: I dont have a B&N account...i need to jump on it since Borders' going out of business!

Lexxie I LOVE this book, don't you? it's just excellent

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Yes...Linda!! I love it!