Kate's Reviews > You Can Make Him Like You

You Can Make Him Like You by Ben Tanzer

1914270
May 13, 11

bookshelves: signed-by-author, music, re-read-it, favorites
Recommended to Kate by: Ben Tanzer
Recommended for: People who are parents and those who might want to be
Read from May 10 to 13, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 2

Ben Tanzer = pop culture
Ben Tanzer = PopRocks! of literature
Ben Tanzer = rock star

Ben Tanzer is all these things but most importantly a phenominal writer that I am glad to know.

Once I started this book I couldn't put it down. If I was a dude, Keith would be me (minus his political views) and since I'm going through life changes, this book came at a perfect time.

Ever since I turned 30 the questions have turned to 'so when are you getting married?' 'when are you having kids?' 'don't you know your biological clock is ticking?' My answer is what if I don't want any of those things, is that really so bad? However, going on Keith's journey with him in the passanger seat really opened my eyes and I came to the realization that even though I might not ever be ready to be a mother, I'll always be a super 'aunt' to all of my friends kids. Honestly, that isn't so bad, right?!

I also came to the realization (after a google search) that The Hold Steady is a real rock and roll band, one that I most certainly need to listen to.

Thanks Ben for opening my eyes to the chaotic world of parenthood and for giving me a new band to listen to. I can't wait to read your other books and see you around at other readings too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Can Make Him Like You.

05/10/2011 page 28
13.0% "Wow, this book is awesome! I mean I knew it was going to be because I know Ben Tanzer and have heard him read sections from this book at readings, but to sit down and read it all, is an experience, I must say. A very good one at that."
05/12/2011 page 142
64.0% "This book is most certainly the PopRocks! of literature because the words fizzle and pop and just might explode if you mix them with soda."
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben Wow. Love this description so much I just might pop as well. And sans soda. From geeky exuberance alone.

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Great review, Kate.