TheRLPL Rice Lake Public Library's Reviews > The Center of Everything

The Center of Everything by Laura Moriarty

Jun 17, 11

Read from May 09 to June 02, 2011

The PageTurners Book Club read The Center of Everything on Thursday, June 2 at 6 people. Five people attended. The consensus was that Evelyn was a sympathetic character, and that the story felt realistic. The average score for this book was 3.8 out of 5 Books; the lowest score was 3.5 and the highest was a 4.

Individual member ratings:

3.5
“The story didn’t compel me to keep reading the book. However, the people and situations were believable.”

3.5
“The story was realistic and I could imagine it happening to someone. I liked Evelyn the most; she intrigued me.”

“The protagonist was sympathetic. The book felt realistic; I’ve known girls in situations like Deena. I thought the ending was uplifting.”

“It was a quick, easy read. It reminds me of books I’ve read before. The central character was interesting.”

“This was a nice coming of age story about a Midwestern teen. I felt able to relate; positive ending left me feeling hopeful. There were a few inconsistencies though, and I thought the ending was too abrupt."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Center of Everything.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

TheRLPL Rice Lake Public Library Currently reading for June 2nd Meeting of Page Turners 6pm