Lisarenee's Reviews > The Ideal Man

2038272
Mar 23, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance
Read on March 23, 2011

There is just something about Garwood’s men that just makes you want to rip them off the pages and pull them into the real world. *sigh* If only.;)

Some girls have all the luck. In Ellie Sullivan’s case it’s all bad. Stalked at age 11 by a 17 year old psychopath and left for dead, she is a survivor. Still looking over her shoulder after all these years she’s learned to be cautious and go on living knowing he‘s still out there somewhere. Now she’s the possible target of a hit-man. In the wrong place at the wrong time she witnessed the shooting of an FBI agent and the killers mean to make sure no witnesses are left.

Max Daniels is the FBI agent assigned to protect her. He is totally (in Ellie’s opinion) not the ideal man for her. He lives in another state, has a dangerous job, and doesn’t believe in more than a casual relationship. He’s also devilishly handsome. Why is it we always want what we shouldn't?

Action, romance, and suspense with a touch humor are packed into this one. I absolutely loved it. If you’re a Garwood fan like me you won’t be disappointed. I have yet to meet a book of hers I didn’t like. Yes, I’ll definitely be buying a copy when the book hits the shelves. It’ll be going on my keeper shelf. The ebook version just won’t do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ideal Man.

03/23/2011 page 100
28.0% "Got the ARC of this book to read and am loving it. There is a reason why Garwood is on my list of top 10 (top 5 really) favorite romance authors. *sigh* Top that off with the fact she can spin a fine yarn and you get one great story. Pardon me while I squee. lol"
03/23/2011 page 300
85.0% "Darn iPad! 300 Pages in and it's at that stage you don't want to stop reading and I have to charge the darn thing. Gah!"

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva Do you know if this is the start of a new series?

message 4: by Sans (new)

Sans Lucky you, did you get an ARC? Great review!

Lisarenee Dhestiny, I'm unsure if it's the beginning of a series, but it did seem like everything was neat and tidy at the end, so if I was to make a guess I'd say no. It's probably a standalone. There was a story within the story that we only got a taste of that I felt would make a good novella if not a full blown book, so it's always a possibility.

Sans, Yes, I got three ARCs recently and have reviewed all of them. I recently signed up with Net Galley via my recently created blog www.seducedbyabook.com and that is where I got this ARC and the ARC for The Outlaw Bride. A third book, The Trial I got directly from the author. So if you see me lagging on my reviews on Goodreads they are probably posted on my blog, but will eventually make it here. If I get an ARC, however, I make a point of posting them on both immediately. That reminds me I'll have to post some more reviews on GR soon. I'm behind.;) I'm just tickled Penguin selected me to review one of their ARCs. This may be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.:)

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva Thank you for the info, Lisarenee.

The UHQ Nasanta Max Daniels? Is this related to the Buchanan books?