Lani's Reviews > The Daily Coyote: Story of Love, Survival, and Trust In the Wilds of Wyoming

The Daily Coyote by Shreve Stockton

Mar 22, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: biography, non-fiction
Read on March 21, 2011

Grabbed this from the bargain bin because I vaguely remembered the blog from several years ago. Silly me, I didn't actually flip through the book.

I assumed this would be a picture heavy book that would recap the blog posts since that's a pretty common trend. I didn't really care about Shreve's life or love or hippy thoughts about energy and life after death. I wanted cute pictures of a coyote.

I love Wyoming and did enjoy the first chapter and its descriptions of the country and the differences between city life and country life. But there still weren't enough pictures.

I didn't want to rate the book any lower just because it didn't meet my expectations. If I had taken 10 seconds to flip through the book and realize that there were a lot of words, I wouldn't have gone in expecting lots of adorable pictures of Charlie growing up. The writing isn't terrible, and it is interesting to read about the growth of a coyote and his family. So if that's what you're into, then this is a perfectly satisfying quick read.

But if you want to see lots of adorable pictures of animals, go check out the blog.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Daily Coyote.