Janus Vielle (The Blair Book Project)'s Reviews > Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

May 28, 11

bookshelves: owned-paperback
Read from May 25 to 28, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

*Sigh* I think I’m in LOVE!

I’m utterly speechless after reading Divergent. Experiencing Divergent is like finding a rare gem. It’s unique and untainted, truly one of a kind, and so worth the effort of finding… or rather reading.

At first, when I read the excerpt, I was confused about why this book had such a high average rating on goodreads when it seemed like just any other dystopian novel. But as soon as I started reading, I couldn’t put it down. Talk about a gripping book!

The characters were amazing, distinctive and well shaped; the plot was not what I expected, but in a good way; the action, romance and adventure were all profound and the scenes were all in good pace; EVERYTHING was in-sync. Like gracefully dancing in perfect rhythm; or like cooking a meal that has the right blend of ingredients making it so delectable that you’d ask for seconds.

That’s why I said I think I’m in love. This book is beautiful. It’s not hard to feel such admiration. I had to hold myself back from reading when I was only less than a hundred pages ‘til the ending. I was thinking of savoring the goodness of this book because I know it would pain me to wait for the next book.

A great debut, Veronica Roth! Congratulations! Divergent has tattooed itself, genuinely, on my heart.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divergent.

Quotes Janus Vielle Liked

Veronica Roth
“...there is power in self-sacrifice.”

Veronica Roth
“A brave man acknowledges the strength of others.”

Veronica Roth
“If Eric thinks I did something right, I must have done it wrong.”

Veronica Roth
“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”

Veronica Roth
“Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”

05/25/2011 page 1
05/26/2011 page 83
17.0% "This is really gripping... ^_^"
05/27/2011 page 378
76.0% "I'm extremely hooked to this book!"
show 1 hidden update…

Joyzi Nice review, totally agree, parehas na tayong na hooked

Janus Vielle (The Blair Book Project) Joyzi wrote: "Nice review, totally agree, parehas na tayong na hooked"

But I do agree with you on what you said on your review... I can't say it's better than the hunger games... Iba kasi impact ng THG eh.. ^_^

Joyzi Oo nga e, pero let's see, ang hirap kasi magsabi first book pa lang siya e

Janus Vielle (The Blair Book Project) Joyzi wrote: "Oo nga e, pero let's see, ang hirap kasi magsabi first book pa lang siya e"

Yup.. let's just see with the next book... Excited na ko! haha!

Joyzi ako din, next year pa, ang tagal >.<

message 6: by jzhunagev (new) - added it

jzhunagev Really curious to read this one since many of friends are raving how good it is. :)

Joyzi Maganda 'to Jzhun