Madhu's Reviews > A Tale of Two Cities / Great Expectations

A Tale of Two Cities / Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Mar 22, 2011

bookshelves: currently-reading, on-hold

Bought this at Border's last night! Our French teacher told us we should read A Tale of Two Cities so I decided to. But it happened to be a 'two-books-in-one' thing so it comes with Great Expectations too. I'm reading A Tale of Two Cities first though. It was published in 1859 so the English is really different. I'm only on the 2nd page and I'm already confused. (I know it says that I'm on page 6 but that's just counting all those blank pages before the book actually starts. I hate how those are still counted as pages!) But I'm not going to judge this book just yet because classics usually take a while to actually get into and then you realize why it's called a classic. Although if I were to judge this book by its cover, I would say its very good because the cover is really pretty!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Tale of Two Cities / Great Expectations.

03/22/2011 page 6
1.0% "I HAVE TO WRITE THE STATUS FOR THIS BOOK AS A REVIEW BECAUSE IT SAYS MY POST IS TOO LONG!!!!"
03/23/2011 page 17
2.0% "This book is going to take a long time to read. It's hard to understand some things since the book was written a long time ago, like, why is everyone called Joe?"
03/23/2011 page 18
2.0% "Is Jerry short for Jarvis?"
show 1 hidden update…