Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > The Truth about Vampires: The Truth about Vampires\Salvation of the Damned

The Truth about Vampires by Theresa Meyers

Mar 22, 11

Read in March, 2011

If you want to share a secret with the world, how would you go about it while trying to keep control and yet prevent a hysterical riot from the fallout? Such is the driving background conflict that kept me on the edge throughout this tale.

The element I enjoyed most about The Truth About Vampires is its exploration of the ‘what-if’ scenario and the domino affect it can have on people and society in general. It is a unique and original premise that was fascinating to watch unfold. I liked being at the beginning of the event, not after the fact like a lot of books that have already been written.

Dmitri is the hero with a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. He has a fine line to walk already when I first meet him in the story but once he gets a whiff of Kristin that’s when he and I realize that his life has just gotten a bit more complicated. Which of course is when the fun begins and the plot begins to unfold.

I liked watching, or reading as the case may be, Dmitri in action. He’s part puzzled because Kristin isn’t a typical human female and he can’t read her. He has a duty to perform but now he’s not too sure how effective he’s being at it. So much internal conflict compounded with the fact that he is falling in love at the worst possible time of his existence made for some fast page flipping. His character was easy to like and easy to be intrigued by.

Kristin, on the other hand, is a handful. She has drive and determination and is initially a burr in Dmitri’s hide. Her persistence gets her the scoop of her life and it might also be the last thing she does. Talk about stirring up a hornet’s nest, and yet she wouldn’t have it any other way. I have to respect a woman who works as hard as she does despite the setbacks, the threats and the unexpected bogeymen who want her out of the way. She’s a complicated character and I enjoyed the fact that she goes after what she wants, even if what she wants is Dmitri.

When Dmitri and Kristin finally work out their issues enough to explore the physical nature of their attraction, I was treated to some wonderfully well written scenes which I enjoyed to the max.

The drama, the suspense, the interplay between the main characters and secondary characters were all well done, well paced and at times surprising. Ms. Meyers certainly has a way with words and that fact was reiterated again and again with each new revelation, exciting scene and internal dialogue moments where a reader gets to understand better what drives the hero and heroine.

I also liked the very intense and gripping closing chapters where Kristin shows her mettle and stands up and backs her man. I thought that was pretty cool and it made for some great reading.

The Truth About Vampires is quite simply a joy to read. I was totally enchanted by the unique perspective and it was a wild and engrossing ride all the way through. I adored how Kristin and Dmitri worked off of and with each other and the happily ever after was everything I could have wished. This book is well worth taking the time to read and I highly recommend it.

Originally posted at http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth about Vampires.