Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Love's Denial

Love's Denial by Joyee Flynn

Mar 22, 11

Read in March, 2011

There's just not a whole lot to do sexually that Joyee Flynn does not have in this book. The scenes are smoking hot, so if you enjoy adventurous rendezvous, this book will not disappoint.

Love's Denial is the third in the Warrior Camp series of books. The book is full of "sex god" level vampires. What I like most about Ms. Flynn's books is that they include characters from her previous books. If you fall in love with the couple or group in the first book, you don't have to say goodbye, as their happily ever after continues.

Yuri is the first to be introduced in this tale. While he's the typical alpha male, his longing for something more than one night stands is obvious. Dominique is a complicated submissive since he's royalty and totally in the closet. The M/M genre of books is overflowing with characters who follow the pattern of dominant, masculine male meets submissive, sensitive almost “damsel in distress” male. Joyee Flynn is fantastic about blurring these lines by creating realistic, developed personalities who are both dominant and sensitive; submissive and masculine.

Attention to detail is paramount in importance to me as it lends legitimacy to any story. This is Joyee Flynn's strong suit. You'll find that she explains the “gifts” her vampires possess in amazing detail. She even goes so far as to include a flight schedule with times in different countries, and I checked: she got it right.

If you've read her previous books in this series, you'll be glad to find that Alexander, Dimitri, Matteo, and Nate are active participants in this book. Keep in mind that this is a book about warriors, and as such, includes combat and violence. It is my opinion that the action helps move the book along, and is not secondary to the love scenes. There are several different types of sex scenes in this book from rough, voyeuristic encounters, to tender lovemaking. All are amazingly detailed which makes sense with this particular author.

I am giving this book four cherries only because I am comparing it to her other works. Love's Denial is a fast paced, intensely erotic book that will get your heart pumping. This is a must read for any M/M enthusiast but I do recommend reading the first two in the series before indulging in this book. I'll close with my favorite quote from the book: "I'm not an easy man...but I promise to give you every part of me if you'll keep my heart safe."

Originally posted at http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love's Denial.