annelise's Reviews > Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate

Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate by Kyra Davis

Nov 02, 11

Read from October 30 to November 02, 2011

I'm only giving this book one star because I can't give it zero. I only finished it because I was reading it on my ereader and if I didn't finish it, the book would sit there, open, every time I turned the reader on.

I really enjoyed the first book in this series. Didn't enjoy the second one as much and absolutely hated this one. I hated the way Johnny was written (do men really 'gush' when they talk?), I hated the way Sophie said things like "It sooo is not!" when she was arguing with Anatoly, I hated the politics, I felt embarrassed for the book whenever Sophie's obsession with Starbucks was mentioned, but what I really hated the most was Kyra Davis's use of 'koala bear'. To make a character continually correct another character's use of 'Frisco' instead of 'San Francisco', I feel it's a bit ignorant to refer to a koala as a bear. There's a whole song about how they are not bears at all. A little bit of research would have cleared that right up.

I won't be reading anymore of this series (not just because of the koala bear debacle).
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate.