Mike Bissonette's Reviews > Gone Tomorrow

Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child

M 50x66
Mar 21, 11

Read in January, 2011

This was the first Jack Reacher novel I read. What a way to Introduce a series. I know this novel is later in the series but I heard that most of the books are self contained and can be read in any order. This is by far one of the greatest suspense novels I have ever read. It starts out with Jack trying to talk a possible suicide bomber out of blowing up the subway they are on and It gets even crazier from there. There is a MacGuffin in it that is very interesting. There are more plot twists then a bag of pretzels and has a satisfying ending. The only thing I may find fault with is there's a gratuitous sex scene that seemed to slow the otherwise fast paced plot down a bit but I really can't complain too much about it. It was just a little distracting. I was amazed at how great, realistic and true original the villian(s?)(I am trying not to spoil the plot too much for those who haven't read it. trust me you are in for a treat)were. Lee Child is one of the best authors writing today and I am now reading all of his other novels. He may well become my favorite.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone Tomorrow.