Elizabeth's Reviews > Bet Me

Feb 09, 2016

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, chick-lit, romance
Recommended for: Mariah Tarry
Read in November, 2011

I went into this books with pretty high expectations as it was highly recommended by the ladies at Smart Bitches and others. For once, a book lived up to, and possibly exceeded, expectations. Smart, humorous, fast moving tale about two people who outwardly might not be paired but have so much chemistry they can't help but fall in bed and in love.

There were so many aspects of the book that I loved:
* Our heroine (Min)'s love for shoes!! And the fact that our hero loved that fact!
* The friendships between the women, between the guys, between them all.
* The competing theories of love and infatuation the different characters espoused.
* The way the author blended humor into the story throughout without making fun of the heroine to achieve it.

Aspects that bothered me at times:
* Min's mother's incessant harping on her about her weight and appearance. I get that mothers' do that (and have it experienced it myself), but it felt over done.
* I enjoyed the friendship/unrequited crush between Min and Cal's nephew, but it seemed to happen so fast that I had problems believing the groundwork had been laid for that to happen.

Have you ever read a book, loved it, but been a fraid to go back because you’re worried it wouldn’t live up to your memory? That’s how Bet Me was for me. But I enjoyed as much as ever and would reread it again in the future. Great humor, wity dialogue, challenges that feel so real. Love it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bet Me.

02/09 marked as: read