Dreamergirl's Reviews > Prada & Prejudice

Prada & Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard

U 50x66
Mar 21, 2011

bookshelves: romance-grades-6th-9th, historical-fiction, favorites

As my all time favorite book, "Prada and Prejudice" should really be put in the list of "top 10" best books for young adults! I never knew a romance novel could contain so much excitement. I loved everything about this book,and it sure showed that popularity is actually a 0 when compered to true love and friendship (which I whole-heartedly agree with). I really liked the main character when I started to know her better through the book, though I was a little annoyed with her at the beginning. This fun and teaching story is shown through the naive eyes of fifteen year old Callie, a girl who with her classmates goes to England, only to find herself stuck in a hotel. As a non-popular girl she always envied the pops, but when she falls on her new "IN" prada heels, she finds herself in 1815 as an old friend of a girl named Emily. This novel is filled with humor as Callie tries to be a girl in disguise and struggles to follow the rules of the 18th century. But she than finds herself again falling head over heels, now for a 19 year old boy (sorry Duke:) in Regency England. This book left me wordless and I think could give anyone the fuel to keep on fighting for what means something to them, but don't expect this to be a fast read, you will stop every 5 minutes and think about what you've read till you truly swallow Callie's witty personality, beautiful writing, unbelievably realisticly shown story filled with time-travel, love, and modern problems. You will hold this book in your heart forever, as your most charished memories. I'd recommend :)

Interest level: Medium
Reading level: Medium-high

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prada & Prejudice.