Loudice's Reviews > Heaven, Texas

Heaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

I loved this! My 2nd favorite book in SEP's Chicago Stars series! It was amazing. I loved Gracie and her realistic view of her relationship with Bobby Tom. I loved how B.T. groveled to death to get her back...lol!

My favorite line:

B.T. : "I love you! Don’t leave me!"
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven, Texas.

Quotes Loudice Liked

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“Throughout the course of the day, Bobby Tom's irritation over his artificially oiled and dirt-smeared chest and his unzipped jeans had flared into righteous indignation. They were treating him like a sex object! It was damned demeaning, that's what it was, being reduced to a set of oil pecs and a tight ass. Shit. A dozen years in the NFL, and this was what it had all come down to. Pecs and ass.”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“All right," she said in a low, determined voice. 'I'll go along with this. But you are not, under any circumstances, to refer to me again as 'the future Mrs. Bobby Tom,' do you understand? Because if you say that just once, just once, I will personally tell the entire world that our engagement is a fraud. Furthermore, I will announce that you are-are-" Her mouth opened and closed, She's stared out strong, but now she couldn't think of anything terrible enough to throw at him.
An ax murderer?" he offered helpfully.
When she didn't reply, he tried again. " A vegetarian?"
It came to her in a flash. "Impotent!”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“He settled his hat back into position. She was a rookie in her first big game, and he’d never let her see how close she’d come to unseating a champion”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“Just out of curiosity, sweetheart; did you ever talk to your doctor about givin' you some tranquilizers?”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“I never thought I'd have to give you-a former Sunday School teacher-a lecture on ethics."
"Former Sunday School teachers don't go around without their underwear."
"You show me where it says that in the Bible.”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“Anything worth having is worth fighting for.”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“All right, sweetheart; here's your last question, and it's a real challenge, so don't let yourself get distracted by these jealous women. To make sure all twelve of our future children are going to be legitimate, what New York City football team did Joe Namath play for?"

Gracie's face fell. Lord. Any fool should know the answer to this one. New York City... What football team was from New York City? Her expression brightened. "The New York City YANKEES!"

A roar of laughter went up from the crowd, accompanied by more than a few loud groans. Bobby Tom silenced them all with a glare. At the same time, the glitter in his eyes dared any of them to contradict her. When he was certain everyone understood the message, he turned back to Gracie and gathered her into his arms. With a tender look and a gentle brush of his lips, he said "Exactly right, sweetheart. I had no idea you knew so much about football"

And that was how every last person in Telarosa, Texas, came to understand that Bobby Tom Denton had finally and forever fallen head over heels in love.”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“For all your talk, you don't know the first thing about love." Tears spilled over her lashes and rolled down her cheeks. She slipped the chain that held his Super Bowl ring over her head and pressed it into his palm. "I love you, Bobby Tom, and I'll love you till the day I die. But I've never been for sale. I was a free offering all along.”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“As they began to mount the stairs, he looked up at his mother. "Just how many of those wine coolers did she drink?"

"She had three," Suzy replied.

Three! Bobby Tom couldn't believe it. After only three drinks, she'd stripped off her clothes and demanded that he have sex with her.

"Mom?" He shoved on his hat.

"Yes dear."

"Whatever you do, don't let her anywhere near a six-pack.”