K.C. Rivers's Reviews > Look Again

Look Again by Lisa Scottoline

Mar 22, 11

bookshelves: mystery, suspense
Read from March 21 to 22, 2011

When Ellen sees a missing child flyer in her mailbox, she doesn’t give it much thought … until she notices the uncanny resemblance between the boy in the picture and her adopted son, Will. As much as she wants to ignore the coincidence of it, she finds herself on a journey to discover the truth behind who Will’s parents really are and ultimately has to ask whether or not she would be willing to relinquish him should her fears be confirmed.

I was pleasantly surprised by how fast-paced and driven this plot was, since I hadn’t read any of Lisa Scottoline’s books before and picked up this title by chance. I honestly expected a bit more “fluff” than real story, but I found myself very drawn to the characters. I made the mistake of reading this during my lunch break at work. I was actually late clocking back in because I simply had to finish the last few pages. The storyline was very emotional, but I felt thoroughly satisfied by the end. My only complaint to her writing style was her occasional drawn-out sentences. There were a few that I felt could have been phrased a little better, but it didn’t take away from the story at all. I will have to try a few more of her books now that I’ve discovered her talent.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Look Again.